Monday, July 7, 2008

Wanna have a baby?

I am by all means not the person to talk to; but I will try to help ya out. I have a real problem with genetics. You see, I have Factor V deficiency and the doctors say that it is genetic although no one in my family has the gene. So figure that one out. Here are the basics... a sperm has 23 chromosomes and am egg or ovum has 23. when they join together and make a zygote there are now 46 chromosomes. At this point the chromosomes pair up and copy itself to each other then breaking off at any random point in the chain. This is what creates new DNA if you will. Everyone want to know how to better there odds on a specific gender child. I am sorry to tell you that is not up to you but rather up to genetics. The 223rd chromosomes determines the sex type of the child. I comes down to that chromosome is an XY it is a male and an XX it is a female.

No comments: